Friday, January 04, 2008

and life is back to reality

The hustle and bustle of holiday season is over. We are slowly going back to the pace of routine. Work load, projects start to lined up. Well, it's going to be quite a hectic first 6 months for me. I just received my next assignmentS from my boss 2 days ago. 2 running projects to lead in pararell, a very good opportunity to utilize and improve my profesional skills. In a way, i am quite honored, since i just come on board. My earlier perception with regards of my role in this organization was a bit different.

Since i started here, i was and still am doing some maintenance support for our clients. Oh man, i was the type who come and go in one project after another. So i was a bit awe, then dealing with the locals here. I guess you don't need me to explain the whys and hows huh :>?? In short, 'ENJOY AjAAAAA'. Several times i was asked by fellow Indonesians here 'betah disini?? how is it working in singapore? have you been squeezed for work yet?'. Sometimes, i got confused, coz so far just ok, i still can get out from office by 6 (no deadlines for me yet :D, well not for long). My friend who joined this company earlier is also work in normal hours although he's involved in projects. Even, i came home late in the evening while i was doing projects back home. Earlier today, i received email from a client questioning some issues which i have addressed yesterday. And i was really 'kejepit urat' reading his email, errrgh...really have to play it tough around here.

Hopefully i can manage the job and responsibilities here....while until early Feb 08, my mind and heart is definitely partitioned between work and 'things which has to be monitored and done back home' .

Meanwhile, i need to get some rest, i am really really exhausted, waking up feeling tired,my eyes blurred(kebanyakan liat monitor?) my body aches. Ever since i landed here, never got the chance to have a good long rest, always busy workdays, busy weekends, adjusting to domestic life here. uughh..i miss my own bed....hiks

No comments: